Monday, June 13, 2011

Enjoying the Outdoors!

It was an awesome, but CRAZY busy weekend.

Friday I had my semen route till about 6, went straight to Dominique's open house to help with that, went straight from there to Lady's night in at church, and from there headed over to house-sit. (Meanwhile, missing the State Holstein Show Supper.) :( Evidently I left LNI too early at church though, and missed Kelly KURTZ killing a bat in the basement. (another disappointment..) Ha!





Saturday I got up, and tended to my house-sitting duties (taking care of the dogs, and chickens.) I fed the inside dog, the outside dogs, and then headed out for the chickens. I fed, watered them, and collected the eggs. I was in a hurry to get to the state show, so I put the eggs in the fridge without washing them first. I headed out to the State Show with mi madre until duty called and semen once again had to be delivered. (on the bright side...I only have a few weeks left of delivering!)

Sorry James....HAD TO :)



I got back to the house, and after relaxing a bit, decided I would wash the eggs that I put in the fridge. (I collected about 15 that morning.) I'm washing away, and all of the sudden I see an X written on a shell. Then all of the sudden I see a name written on another, and another X, and another name. CRAP. They were trying to hatch a few of the eggs.....and I ABORTED THE BABY CHICKS!!! hahahaha I mean minus the fact that they were just in the fridge all day...it's really no biggie.

Saturday night, Rachel and Lauren (roommate reunion!) came and stayed with me. (It's scary being alone!!) We hung out, went to bed...and got up for church. (Oh wait, that was just me...they slept in :) haha. We headed to the lake for an awesome day (minus being a little chilly..) and Rachel had her first jet ski ride!! I also had my first time of getting thrown off a jet ski...and I'm still suffering from whiplash! (As I was bragging about Nicole being such a fun and safe driver!) HA!





 Sunday night I had an awesome time hanging out with my Cholo :) Summer just isn't the same without her!

Monday (I know it's not the weekend anymore...but I'll just add it on...:) I mowed (don't ask me how that went...) and delivered on my route. As soon as I got home, I ate, and headed to Hilltop to bike with Megan, Michelle, and Kelly. We ended up biking around 25 miles--to go to the Chief for ice cream! (Kelly didn't inform me ahead of time where we were biking to....) It was a great time, and strangely enough the only thing that hurts from the ride is my shoulders and neck. I'm an odd duck.

June is almost halfway over...and I have NO idea where it went! Time flys when you're having fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment